Discover the world's finest cocktails, made by the world's best bartendersregister
ABOUT THE WORLD CLASS CLUB
Each month we showcase one of the most talented mixologists in the world. They will tell us about their favourite cocktail, and share their inside knowledge and recommendations on the most spectacular bars from around the globe.
Varun Sudhakar's world class Cocktail AB
An Indian twist on the classic Manhattan, the AB Cocktail is inspired by Mumbai’s world famous Bollywood scene and in particular Amitabh Bachchan, one of India’s greatest actors. An infusion of Darjeeling tea, smoked cinnamon and the traditional Manhattan ingredients, the AB Cocktail conjures up images of an Indian actor at the Cannes Film Festival. The AB cocktail is part of the World Class 50, the definitive guide to the finest drinking experiences.
- 33 fl oz Johnnie Walker® Platinum Label™
- 11 fl oz Darjeeling tea reduction (sweetened)
- Fresh lemons
- Sugar syrup
- Garnish: Cinnamon sticks and lemons
- Note: Contains .6 ounces of alcohol per serve
How to Mix
- Smoke martini glass with cinnamon.
- Add ice, 0.85 fl oz sugar syrup, 0.85 fl oz fresh lemon juice, reduced Darjeeling tea and Johnnie Walker® Platinum Label™ to mixing glass.
- Shake and strain into the cinnamon smoked martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve with an ice ball.