Welcome. Can we help you find something?
All drink recipes within this site contain no more than 0.6 fl. oz. (14 grams) of alcohol per serving, equivalent to one standard U.S. drink. For more information on alcohol content, please visit http://www.drinkiq.com
How to Mix
Glass: Rocks Glass
- Wash mint leaves, pat dry and put them in a small mixing bowl.
- Cover with 3 ounces of Bulleit Bourbon and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove mint, then place them in a clean cotton cloth and wring over bowl, bruising the leaves.
- Dip back into bourbon and wring again.
- Repeat several times to create mint extract.
- Set extract aside for 1 hour.
- You can also put the leaves back in the extract for a more concentrated mint flavor.
- Combine mint extract (leaves included, if preferred) with simple syrup (1 cup sugar and 1 cup water) in a covered glass container or jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Fill julep cups (10-12 oz, preferably silver but glass will do) with crushed ice or shaved ice and insert a fresh mint sprig.
- Add 1 oz of Bulleit Bourbon to each cup.
- Add marinated julep mixture to taste.
- Makes 12 servings.